8/31/2009

Son Of A Bee!

We were at Braden's parents and the boys wanted to jump on the tramp. Alek was already up there and Jaxon was climbing up, he put his hand on the frame and a wasp flew up, stung his hand and then twice on the side of his face. We rushed him inside to take care of him. While we were inside we heard Alek start screaming, I ran out and the wasp had stung him on his forehead. We put some Aspirin paste on them and they were fine. The rest of the day they were totally normal. We went home and went to bed and when they woke up they looked like this...
Alek's forehead and down his nose were swollen, I think he looked like a Klingon from Star Trek. Jaxon just looked like he got in fight, his eye was swollen and his looked bruised. We got them some Benadryl and we went on with our day. And by the end of the night before they went to bed, they looked like this...
Jaxon's was a little better. But poor Alek just kept getting worse. This morning when they woke up, their faces look a little better, but not back to normal. Poor boys.

Also this weekend Joye got her first PONY TAIL!!!!! I never thought this day would come! I put an elastic in then put in a little bow, and her hair isn't long enough to poke out. But I can't complain, at least she can have a pony!
We also had another pet for a few days. I was in the backyard feeding the dogs and found a pretty big snail. I brought it in to show the boys and Jaxon kept saying, "Oh he's so cute can we keep him" So I gave in and got a container and the boys went out and got dirt, sticks and rocks. Jaxon named him Gary the Snail. How original huh?

3 comments:

jonisill said...

poor kids! I HATE wasps!!

Monica said...

Bwahaha! I am sorry, but your comment about Alek looking like a villian from Star Trek was sooo funny!!!!! Hahaha!!!!!

Staci Scott said...

Geez! Alek doesn't even look like the same kid! And I thought that their reaction to mosquito bites were bad! Hopefully they won't get stung again!