6/22/2009

Happy Daddy's Day!

Happy Father's Day Daddy!!! We love you so much! You are such a good Daddy!
I love the first picture with Joye and Braden. It shows how Braden is with his kids, he is always throwing them up in the air and spinning them around. Every present giving holiday, Braden always guesses what he is getting, so for Father's Day I was determined to keep it a secret, and do everything I could to keep him guessing. So about a month ago he told me he wanted a scope and GPS combo from Cabela's, so being the great wife I am, I went and got it. He kept asking me if I had got it, I would either tell him "Maybe I did, but then again, maybe I didn't." or I would act like I didn't even know what thing he was talking about. Then the boys wanted to get him some baseball stuff, so I went and found some stuff for him. We got him a T-shirt with his own number and name, a hat, some swimming trunks and a beach towel. All Braves of course. Well not 2 days after they were delivered, he got on the website for some reason, and started looking for stuff. He saw the swimming trunks and said how cool they were. Well it was bothering him not knowing what he was getting so he kept asking for clues. I told him that it was something that you can only find in the summer and he wears it. Well he calls me on his way home from school and says he's figured it out, that I got him that Braves swim suit. I about had a heart attack! So I said how would I have gotten that for you? You told me you wanted it after the last package was delivered. So I totally threw him off the trail. We gave him his Braves stuff a few days before and when we gave it to him he put on his trunks, his shirt and his hat and walked around the house all day in them. Apparently I did a good job shopping. Then we gave him his scope and GPS the day before Father's day since our Sunday was so busy. It wasn't wrapped so we made him sit on the couch and close his eyes. Jaxon thought that he would peek so he sat on his lap and covered Daddy's eyes. I thought Braden was going to cry when we let him open his eyes. He was totally surprised! I did it! I kept his presents a secret.

1 comment:

jonisill said...

Good job on keeping it a secret!! I Always try to keep Dallas's gifts a secret too. But, he has found out every time but once what I was getting him because he snoops, and he convince the kids to tell him so I have to keep it a secret from them too! This time I got him an ipod and ended up having to tell him becuse we went to Wal Mart and he was going to buy one and wouldn't take no for an answer. He's such a bum!