9/23/2009

Corn Dog Mishap!

The boys love to make their own food. I let them cook their own burritos and corn dogs. They go down to the freezer, put it in the microwave, push the buttons, while it's cooking they get their plates and get their condiments, then they sit down and eat. All by themselves!!! They think that they are so cool and big! Well today for lunch the boys were getting into their routine, and I was just letting them do it. I was in the living room not really paying attention, Alek was sitting on the floor waiting for his food to cool down, and Jaxon comes barrelling into the room screaming..."THERE IS SMOKE IN THE KITCHEN!! THERE IS SMOKE IN THE KITCHEN!! HURRY COME LOOK!" I haven't moved this fast in a while. I jumped up and ran into the kitchen, by the time I got into the hall the smoke had already filled it. Jaxon had opened the microwave to stop it but shut it again because the smoke scared him. I flung it open, expecting to find flames. I didn't, luckily, but then again I couldn't really see anything, because the smoke coming out was so thick. I ran to the windows and opened all of them, and turned on our stove fan, and went back to the microwave to see the damage. This is what I found...
Take note of the time. 89 minutes. WOW. And that's just what was left on the time.
I said, "Did you push the button twice?" and he said "No, it would only let me push it once." Someone had twisted the time button backwards, so instead of going to 1 or 2 minutes, it went to like 90 minutes. And he thought that it would be ok, because he only pushed it once. Well luckily everything was ok and the only thing hurt was the poor corn dog.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Bwahahahah!!!!

Katelyn said...

Poor corn dog. Never saw it coming. :(