1/21/2010

What Great Helpers!!

Tuesday it snowed and the boys wanted to go out and shovel the snow. OK! That means that I don't need to. I got them all bundled up and out they went. They did a pretty good job, I still had to go out, but that was ok. Jaxon only did half of what Alek did. Jaxon got tired and decided to make a slide with snow instead. Now if I could get them out there today.
Alek has been such a great helper this last week. I was doing the dishes the other day and he walked in and said, "Well, I just cleaned up the living room, all by myself. There was just a little bit. You didn't even have to ask me, huh Mom." He did such a good job. I went in to look and he had done everything except sweep. A few minutes later he came and got the broom and told me he was going to sweep. Then we all got sick and he was the first one sick, so he was the first one to get better. I was the worst, I had it for the longest. So while I was sick, laying on the couch, he did everything. He would ask me if I needed anything. When Joye would need more in her sippy, he would go and get the milk out of the fridge, and fill it up. He made himself a sandwich for lunch and made one for Joye too. He took such good care of us. He even did the laundry! I was in heaven, too bad I wasn't feeling good. He got the clothes out of the dryer, brought them upstairs, went back down and put the clothes from the washer into the dryer, put a dryer sheet in and shut the door. He wasn't quite tall enough to hit the start button, so I did have to go do that but he did everything else. I have also tried to get the boys to rinse their dishes off and put them in the dishwasher, without fail Alek does this every time, and he usually does Joye's too, since she can't. What a good kid!! I love you Alek J! Thanks.

No comments: