9/09/2008

Yay For Braden!

Braden went and took his physical test for the Salt Lake Police Department today. He needed to do 6 different stations and he had to finish them in 3 minutes and 40 seconds. He was pretty nervous, he always said that he was going to train, but we were always busy so he never got a chance. Apparently he is in better shape than he thought because he PASSED with a 1 minute and 59 seconds!!!! The guy that was testing told Braden that his was the fastest time he has ever seen, and that he should count on interviews. That is such a relief. Today is the two year mark for Tina, and for one of the stations, Braden had to jump over a six foot fence. He kept saying that he hoped Tina would be there with him, throwing him over the fence. Well she must have been pulling him through the course. Even though I never had the opportunity to meet Tina, I feel like a know her. From all the the stories I've heard and pictures I've seen. I hope that I am doing right by her, with the way Me and Braden are raising the Boys. I try to talk about Tina with the Boys everyday. We have 2 pictures of her and the boys in their room, and we always tell them stories. The Boys call her Momma Tina. Her rocking chair is in our living room and sometimes the boys get crazy with it and I tell them that's Momma Tina's chair, you can't break it. Then the boys say ok Mom we won't cause Momma Tina would be mad at us. I always laugh. I don't think Tina could ever be mad at her two boys. We all love and miss Momma Tina. I thank Tina for getting Braden and the boys ready for me, but after having Joye and trying to potty train the boys, I think she had the easy part. Except the part of leaving them, She was a lot braver than I am. I love Tina and I hope I am doing everything she would want me to. I also want to thank the Anderson Family for the way they have accepted me and invited me into their family. They have treated me just like a daughter and sister. I love them. Well the next step for Braden and his road to the SLPD is a written test on the 20th so I'll let you know how that goes.

5 comments:

Staci Scott said...

Rindi,
I think Tina would be pleased with the way you are with her boys(all 3 of them!). You do such a good job! I'm glad that you weren't afraid to step up and be a mother to my nephews. I know you have taken on a handful. Thank you for all that you do! We all love you too and are so greatful that you are part of our family. And congratulations to Braden! That's some exciting news.
Love ya, Staci

jonisill said...

Congrats Braden!! I hope the written test goes as well as the physical test!!Thank you for everything Rindi. I don't know how you do it. You must be a much better person than me. I am so grateful that Braden found you and has brought you into our family. I love watching you with Jaxon and Alek. Tina just wants them to be happy and they obviously are. I think you and Braden are doing a wonderful job with them. I am so grateful that you have accepted our family as your own. Thank you.
love, Joni

Mark & Sherin said...

Hey, I loved watching the boys dance. Jaxon is such a ham. I love em' We are so luck to have you as a sister, Rindi. You have been incredible to allow us to be part of your family. Love ya tons, Sherin

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS to Braden!!! Heaven knows I wouldn't have gotten my butt over that wall even if Lindsey was there pushing me. You made me cry big jerk! All I wanted to do was read the blog maybe have a laugh, but no! Tears! You are the bravest, strongest person that I know and have ever known. You do such a fantastic job with those boys and Joye. You so beat me in the patience category by far, in every category really. They are all so lucky to have you and I'm glad they treat you so well because if not they'd have to answer to me and we both know I'm not tough enough to take them all. (I'm not tough enough to take any of them) But for you I would so try. I love you very much!!! Mwah!

edwards7 said...

HI, I know that you don't know me, but Tina was my best friend in the whole world, and i have been looking at this blog for three hours now, and I just have to tell you that I love you. I love you for taking care of her boys and Braden. You are wonderful. Tina was the most wonderful person that I have ever known, and just reading some of this, you are alot like her. You are such a beautiful spirit, I pray for her boys all the time. I am so thankful that the Lord brought you to them and Braden. You are doing a wonderful job. Your daughter is adorable. It is just so wonderful to see how happy they all are. I know that Tina watches over everyone she loved. She was amazing, some of the greatest words to describe her is the most christ like person that I have ever known. You are truly blessed, and Braden and the boys are truly blessed to have you.