5/12/2009

Mother's Day!

I had a great Mother's Day! Well after church that is... I had to speak in Sacrament Meeting. Anyway after church we came home, changed our clothes and left to go see my mom, Grandma Joyce. The boys had fun going to see all the graves and seeing what they had on them.
My Mom!

Mom, Me and Joye

Joye sat on the grass for a little bit and babbled to Grandma. Probably telling her how crazy her mother is. Grandma Joyce already knows :)

Then we went to go see Momma Tina. The first thing Alek said when we got out of the car was. "Can I kiss Momma Tina today? I didn't want to last time, but this time I do!" Alek decided that whatever he did to the front of the head stone he had to do to the back. Momma Tina got lots of kisses this time. Alek was trying to make up for last time I guess. We also found out that Jaxon is a grave robber. At my mom's cemetery, Jaxon and Alek came back from one of their walks and Jaxon had stolen a baseball off someones grave. Then we get to Tina's and he tries to steal the pennies that Grandpa Anderson leaves for Tina. Then we look over and he is taking a toy jeep off someone else's grave. I couldn't believe him.
Alek kissing the front and the back of Tina's headstone.

These are my favorite pictures. We tried to take some on her birthday but it was too cold and we couldn't get the boys to cooperate. They have grown so much!
Jaxon saying good-bye

After the cemeteries we went to go see Grandma Anderson and Grandma Fessler. We went to Bruce's Mom's to see everybody. It was fun to see everybody again. We haven't been up there for a while when everyone was there. Funny story real quick on Saturday we went to my brothers house and he asked me what we were doing for Mother's Day I told him we were going to see Mom, then Tina, then Shirley and Braden's mom. He got so worried. He said wait a second, what happened to Shirley how come we didn't hear anything about it. He thought we meant go visit her grave. I had to explain that everything was ok and she was still here. Then on Sunday my Dad went with us to see my Mom. He asked where we were going next we told him the plan and he got confused. He kept saying Braden your mom? We'd say yes, then he would said well what happened to her, haven't I met her before. He thought we meant that we were going to go visit Braden's mom's grave. Either there is something wrong with our explaining skills or their listening skills. I just thought that was funny.

Well for Mother's Day Braden got me 2 new games, a movie, and an itunes gift card. Three of my favorite things. Then the kids got me Willow Trees. A month ago I saw these in the Deseret Book catalog, and fell in love with them. I told Braden over and over that Mother's day was coming up and I wanted them. So Jaxon gave me the Caring Child, Alek gave me the Inquisitive Child and Joye gave me the Joyful Child (left to right). I think they are so cute. I bet your thinking Joye... Joyful child. But when i was looking through the catalog the descriptions were on a different page. I thought to myself that this one is the one I wanted for Joye and when I looked to see what it was called it turned out to be the Joyful Child.

Thank you Braden, Jaxon, Alek, and Joye for making my Mother's Day great. I love you all so much!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Um...they have no faces. That is a bit creepy. Cute really cute, but creepy. Hahah! Awww sounds like you had a marvelous Mothers Day! Yay!

Monica said...

Also, how do I put pictures on the side of my blog. I cant seem to figure it out. I am lame!