11/16/2009

Our Big 4 Year Old!

That's right! Another year has past and Alek is turning 4! He has gotten so big the last few weeks. He has always been a good helper and will do pretty much whatever you ask him to do. But the other day he has started to do things on his own. I made the kids peanut butter sandwiches for lunch the other day and Jaxon eats a ton so I left the stuff out knowing that I was going to need to make more. After Alek had eaten his sandwich he left the room, a few minutes later he came and told me that he put all the lids on and put all the stuff away where it goes. What a good kid. He can't wait to get big. Everyday he'll come sit on my lap and say, " Momma, when I get big I'm going to play football, and basketball, and soccer ball, and I'm going to ride horses and motorcycles, and work on cars like Daddy!" These are the usual things, sometimes I get a few variations. Last year was pretty hard for Jaxon, he wanted it to be his birthday too, we had a lot of tears. So we convinced them that being the same age for a month and a half is pretty cool. So when it started to get close to Alek's birthday we started bringing out the "You get to be 4 together!" And it hasn't been that bad this year so either the being 4 together worked or Jaxon is getting old enough to realize that it's ok and his birthday is coming soon. The big blow out this year though, was the kids are part of the Toys R Us birthday club. So Toys R Us sends them a birthday card with a gift card inside. So the first thing was Alek got mail and Jaxon didn't. We all know how exciting it is to get mail! Then Alek opened it up and I read it to him, and he got to go pick out a toy. That's when Jaxon lost it. So unfair, it's hard for them. Anyway I took him aside and told him that he would get one on his birthday and not to worry. So after that everything has been pretty good. Even when we went to the store and let Alek pick out his thing Jaxon didn't even whine when he didn't get anything. By the way Alek picked Guess Who Marvel Comic edition! Brade was just as excited to crack it open and play. Happy Birthday Alek! We all love you so much! We are so proud of who you are. And love all the things you want to do when you get big. Love Mom, Dad, Jaxon, Joye and Momma Tina. Momma Tina loves you so much and looks down on you from heaven.

4 comments:

Nick and Kandi said...

Such a sweet post. Those boys are lucky to have you. I'm sure that Tina looks down on you from heaven too and is so glad they have someone who loves them as much as she does!

Staci Scott said...

Rindi, I don't know how to tell you how wonderful you are! It means so much to me that you still include Tina. You are living Tina's dream - raising these boys. You have always such a wonderful mother to them. The boys are lucky to have you and so are we. I hope that Alek has an awesome day, he is growing up so fast. Can't wait to see ya next week!

Mark & Sherin said...

Happy birthday, Alek boy, We love you so much. Have a good day. Eat a lot of Cake for me ok. Love you.

Allen, Alexx and Sylvie said...

Rindi! That broght tears.......I don't even know Momma Tina, but I am sure she is so so thankful!