11/02/2009

Halloween

We had good Halloween! We went to my Brother Ricky's house and ate dinner. Navajo Tacos (My favorite) and their neighbor across the street brought a cheese soup with veggies in it. It was so good I ate a bowl with dinner and then after we trick-or-treated I had 2 more. After dinner we got the kids dressed up and off we went.
Alek was Wolverine. We let his hair grow out so we could get the hair style down and we drew mutton chops on him and we made his claws out of cardboard and wrapped them in tinfoil. They looked good, but we didn't think them through. He couldn't grab anything. So the whole night Jaxon had to get candy for Alek and put it in his bucket for him.
Jaxon was Wade from X-Men Origins. He had his swords and was in seventh heaven. When we drew mutton chops on Alek, Jaxon wanted a beard too. So Braden drew a 5 o'clock shadow on him. Well the next morning before church I threw the kids in the tub and we got ready for church sat down in Sacrament meeting and I look over and Jaxon's whiskers didn't come off in the tub! So out came the baby wipes and we got them off.
We were going to make Joye be someone from X-Men, but we couldn't decide what to do. Sherin had a witch costume that we could borrow, so Joye became a witch. I got Joye dressed and put her hat on and she wore it all over Ricky's house. As soon as we went out trick-or-treating, off came the hat and she wouldn't even let it touch her head. She ripped it off as soon as it did. It's a good thing I took a picture in the house!
The kids got a ton of candy. But their favorite thing they got was a toothbrush. You heard me, a toothbrush. They haven't let those things out of their sight. They have brushed their teeth a million times the last 2 days. I can't complain. They are brushing all the candy they're eating off their teeth. No cavities for the Fesslers!

2 comments:

Nick and Kandi said...

Looks like you had a blast! I'm impressed you made the costumes!

Coby and KaeDawn said...

They are so cute! Looks like you guys had a really fun halloween:)