6/28/2010

2 Wheeler~Recital 2010

I'm combining these 2 posts because neither one of them have pictures, and I haven't posted anything for June. The other day the kids were playing outside and Jaxon comes running in and says, "Mom and Dad! Come out and see what I can do on my 2 wheeler!" Neither one of us thought anything of it, because last year he started to ride a 2 wheeler and decided that he was too scared and wouldn't do it anymore. So we told him we would go out in a minute and see. Well we got busy and I was getting ready to go some where so we forgot. When I walked outside to leave, Jaxon said, "Mom, you forgot to come watch. Watch now!!" So he walked his bike up by the front steps and got on, put his feet on the pedals and took off! I about fell over. He was riding over the grass and dodging the suburban in the driveway. I yelled at Braden and told him to come out right then. It was crazy, he just decided that he was going to ride a 2 wheeler and taught himself. Riding a 2 wheeler just had to be his idea, and not ours.

On to recital. It was so good this year. About a month ago, Alek came up to me in class and told me that he didn't like dance. I told him that was fine, and he didn't have to take it next year. He also said all he wanted to do was take tumbling. I did tell him that he had to do the recital, we were so close and it would screw things up if he wasn't in it. I also told him if he didn't dance on the stage he had to take dance next year. I was going to try anything to get him to dance on that stage, he was too scared last year and wouldn't. We got to recital and the boys were up and Alek went out and danced great. He had so much fun! After recital was over, he told Braden that he loved it and wanted to take dance again. We'll see what he says next year though. Jaxon did great as usual, he is such a performer. The audience doesn't scare him at all, he thrives! As for me, dress rehearsal made he want to shoot myself. Not only did I mess up, but the stage was so slippery it got me scared of falling in front of everyone. And we did each dance 2 times all in a row. I decided that I was too old and fat. Well at recital I was so nervous for my second dance. The first one was hip hop and I knew it frontwards and back. The second one had turns and things in it that made me nervous. We did both dances and I was so surprised, I don't know how they looked, but I felt so good. I think this was my best recital ever. The best thing about this recital being over and the next season starting soon, is Joye gets to start dancing!!

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

I think that the recital was a really good one. I felt like I impoved alot. I even did the jump that I thought was imposible to do. Thanks for putting up with me in class and all the work you do. You second dace was really good. I could tell that you messed up. You did a really good job. Sierra