6/29/2010

Our Son, The Barber

Last Thursday were dance pictures, and we were leaving for Arizona either that night or early Friday morning, so a lot was going on. I let the kids play outside all day while I was busy packing and trying to get things ready to go. When it got closer to pictures, I brought the kids in so I could shower. I sat them down with a movie, so I could shower quick with no interruptions. I got in showered, washed my hair, and got out. I went to my room and got dressed then I came out in the living room and found some hair on the floor. My first thought was that Joye had gotten the scissors and cut one of her dolls hair, then I couldn't think of which doll she had that has hair. That's when the light bulb clicked on...it was Joye's hair!!! I asked who did and Jaxon owned up to it. I lost it! I screamed, I yelled, I cried (uncontrollably). Dumb I know, it's just hair it'll grow back. But I waited 2 long years, for my baby girl's hair to be long enough to do something with, and now we're back to square one. After I had calmed down a tiny bit I took a look at the damage. Joye had 5 piggy tails, and Jaxon took the scissors and cut all but one piggy tail off at the elastic. Then took the scissors and cut all of her long hair in the back not in piggy tails, and her bangs. This is when I locked the boys in their room and I locked myself in my room. After I had calmed down a little bit more, I went and asked if Alek had helped. Of course Alek said no and Jaxon said yes. I pointed at Jaxon and said don't you lie to me. He replied, "Well he kind of helped." How do you kind of help cut somebody's hair you ask? "Well he didn't tell me not to, or to stop." I asked him why he did it. Jaxon told me that Joye asked him to. Later he told Braden that he asked Joye if she wanted her hair cut, and she said yes. After a little while longer, I notice something weird about Alek's hair, I take a closer look, and sure enought Jaxon got Alek too. Not very bad, just a little chunk out of the front. So I go look at Jaxon's head and he has taken the scissors to his own hair about a million times right on top. Braden finally got home and helped with the situation. Jaxon got buzzed completely, Alek got left alone, and Joye, well she got butchered.
Here are some before pictures of her hair.
Here are the pictures after Jaxon got a hold of her.
And these are after Braden got through with her. The back isn't so bad, other than she looks like a boy. The front and top are really choppy and hard to cover.
With a lot of hairspray and an awesome comb over, complete with headband. It doesn't look too bad.
I guess I should look on the bright side and say at least it was just hair and not a limb that he cut off or an eye poked out or something. Hopefully this will send a message to the hair and it will grow super fast.

4 comments:

Staci Scott said...

Oh, I would've cried and screamed too! I am so sorry!

jonisill said...

Oh no!!! I know how long you have waited for her hair to grow and how happy you were when she had enough for a ponytail!! I can't beleive the little stinker did that!! I definately would have yelled too!! Hopefully it will grow back fast!!

Monica said...

Aww Rindi! That sucks! Poor Joye!!!! It will grow back.

I would have been pissed too!

The Smiths said...

I am so sorry. It has taken her along time to grow that much. I hope that it grows back soon.