4/25/2009

Jaxon's Scare

I think we have an accident prone family. Over the past year I think I have blogged about more scares than anyone. Jaxon was at Grandma and Grandpa Fessler's on Thursday, and the boys were playing baseball. It was time to clean up and the boys put the ends of the baseball bats in their mouths. Well Jaxon fell on his and jammed the bat down his throat. We weren't there when it happened, so when I got there I took a look. The first thing I thought was Jaxon almost gave himself a accidental tonsillectomy. His right side(left on picture), middle and under his tongue are bruised. But on his left side (right on picture) is cut. Wendy called the dentist and he said just to keep it clean and watch it, but it should be okay. Keep it clean means rinse with Listerine... Ouch! Jaxon is so brave, he gargles the Listerine like a champ. And for pain we're supposed to spray Chloraseptic on it. Jaxon hasn't used that since the morning after. He says that it doesn't hurt that bad. On the way home after it happened, he kept telling me that his belly hurt because he put the bat in his mouth and it went to his throat. The only thing I could figure is that he must have swallowed some blood when it happened and it upset his stomach. I am so thankful that all of are scares are minor ones. Nothing too serious has happened.





2 comments:

Allyson said...

That looks like no fun! You guys do seem to get a lot of owies. I guess that does happen when you have boys. I'm glad it isn't something too major.

jonisill said...

ouch!! that's about what gavin's throat looked like when he fell on his Aarow.. Boys......