5/09/2010

St. George Weekend

Katelyn graduated from Dixie this last weekend, so Monica and I drove down to see her, and go to Graduation. We had 2 graduations. One was a pinning ceremony just for the nursing students, and one was for Dixie. We left on Thursday morning so we could make it there for her first one that night. We drove with Katelyn and her room mate Leigh. It was at Zion's National Park. It was beautiful, I want to go on a family trip down there soon.
Monica and Leigh excited to be going to the Pinning Ceremony
And Me and Katelyn
Beautiful Scenery. It was kind of weird to see blue skies all day long, after it being overcast pretty much everyday up here.
This was the site from the amphitheater where Katelyn got her pin.
Here is one of the Nursing teachers. She was a Doctor and I don't think I'd ever let her touch me, considering when she welcomed everyone she said it was 2002. I said I knew it was a long drive, but it must have been longer than we thought because it took us 8 years backwards.
Here's Katelyn's Pizza Factory Supporters
Chelsea, Nick, Katelyn, and Chris
After Graduation we went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then to the mid-night showing of Iron Man 2. It was pretty good. It was fun to be with Katelyn and her friends.
Friday was Dixie's graduation. Here's the Graduate!
Here's the Three Amigos, or Charlies Angels as we are sometimes called.
When the 3 of us get together, you never know what's going to happen.
Katelyn and her family
Then we went to the Olive Garden for dinner. Yum!
Katelyn's Dad took this picture. Me and Monica are in deep conversation, and Katelyn is just excited about graduating I guess. When we saw this picture, we couldn't stop laughing.
The whole group.
After dinner we went Mini golfing with Katelyn's friend Chris, and her soon to be boyfriend, Nick. We had so much fun. If you saw us you would have never guessed I was married with 3 kids, or that we had two college grads in our group. It was like we were all back in High School. It was so much fun.

Nick and Chris. Chris was in charge of keeping score, he won so we were all concerned for his math skills.
Monica shooting some pool. We didn't have the heart to tell her she was playing the wrong sport.
Cute Katelyn
While we were golfing, little baby cockroaches kept crawling out of the holes and running across the greens. Nick kept doing his cockroach impression.
It scared me and Monica
Attack of the killer golf clubs
Oops Travis don't look! At least it's not the other way around :)
Monica got a hole in one, because she screamed and chased her ball in.
Yay!
I lost something fierce. It made me sad.We told Nick if Katelyn made a hole in one on the last hole, he had to do a dance and buy us ice cream. Well here we are at Wal-Mart. Yay Katelyn!!
My flip flops gave me blisters so I took them off. Nick was such a gentleman, that he took his shoes off right away and gave them to me. They were a tad too big, considering they were a size 13.
But so it would be an even trade I let him wear my flip flops.
After we got our ice cream we went back to Katelyn's. And ended up staying up all night playing games and talking. Chris and Monica didn't make it and fell asleep, but rest of us held strong. We had a great time. Thanks Leigh and Chad for letting us stay at your house. And Congrats Katelyn!!

4 comments:

Monica said...

HAHAH! That was so much fun! Especially the last night!!! HAHAH! Braden its midnight, Im on speed!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you guys came it was soooo much fun!!!!! I'm laughing just thinking about it. :) thanks for the almost boyfriend comment. Hopefully it actually happens ;) Love you!!!

The Smiths said...

Looks like you had alot of fun!!!

Unknown said...

Nick says good call on the almost boyfriend comment, just thought I'd let you know :)