8/31/2010

A Day of Firsts!

We started our day out yesterday, with a drive down to South Weber. Joye had her 1st dance class!! She was so excited all morning. Her crazy mother, thought class started at 10, but really it started at 10:30. We killed the time at Ricky and Mi-A's, Rusty came early to drop Lydia off, and brought Joye a surprise....DANCE SHOES!! Joye loved them, she made me put them on her right then, and cried when I made her take them off, so they wouldn't get wet. She went right in without crying and sat with Michele. They started dancing and she was AWESOME! She stayed right on her sticker, and listened the whole time. She even did the dance pretty good. When we got home I asked if she wanted to show the boys her dance. She wanted to but she needed her dance shoes on first. She wears her dance shoes all the time. She even took them to bed with her. I won't let her wear them outside, so when she's outside she carries them. I think I've got me a dancer!!!!
Here she is going in!
Finding stickers to stand on.
Her splits.
Sitting in the circle talking.
After dance class we rushed home so we could take Jaxon to his first day of KINDERGARTEN!! He was so excited. He had his backpack, pencil box, and water bottle, and he was ready to go. He ran right to his classroom, and went right in. He never said it, but I don't think he wanted me there. In fact he didn't want me to walk him in today. He got out, and didn't want to really tell me anything that he did, he was too cool for that. He did say "Guess what Mom! R-E-D That spells red." And he had that smug look on his face. I couldn't help but laugh. He is going to do great.
Ready to leave the house
Running across the grass to get to the front doors.
Outside his classroom.
After he found his cubby and put his backpack away, they got to do some puzzles. He was ready for me to leave, and stop taking pictures of him.
Here we are picking him up. Look at that big smile! I can't believe that we have a Kindergartner, and I really can't believe that Joye is already big enough for dance. Time sure flies. Alek starts preschool next week. He can't wait. He has a really hard time when Jaxon gets to do things that he doesn't.

6 comments:

Monica said...

SOO CUTE!!!

Allyson said...

How fun for Joye! I want to put Olivia in dance classes but I haven't looked into any yet. I would love for her to be a dancer.
I can't believe Jaxon is old enough for Kindergarten. I remember when he was just little. They grow too fast!

Brittney said...

Holy cow your kids are growing up so fast and are SO stinkin cute!! We need to get together soon, if this darn baby would ever decide to come! :) You guys are the best!!! Love you all!

The Smiths said...

Looks like you had a great day of first. Keep up the good work Joye, and good luck in school Jaxon.

Staci Scott said...

It is so hard to believe that Jaxon is old enough to go to school! And Joye in dance! It appears that she likes it. Miss you guys!

The Nielsen's said...

I bet Joye will have SO much fun with dance! It's hard to believe that just a year and a half ago she was in nursery crying for her momma! I've got some leotards that would probably fit her if you want them - just come over and get them.

I've been trying to get Jordyn into a preschool - where is Alek going to preschool?


Looks like you've got your hands full with that big kindergarten boy and all the things that your other kids are doing! Take care!