8/10/2010

Update on Broken Joye

Well it's been 2 weeks today since the incident. Joye is doing better. She doesn't have as much pain anymore, so she tries to use her arm. She has been really good about wearing her sling and bandage, she doesn't fight it. She has just found a way to get around it. She will pull 2 layers of her wrap up around her neck, then one layer down around her waist, so she can use her arm. She will pull the sling back far enough for her hand to stick out and use it. Then after awhile her whole arm is sticking out and we have to put it back on right. We tell her, "Joye you have to put your arm back in." She will reply, "Ok, in a minute." "No Joye, now" "Fine", with a little eye roll, she will pull her sling back over her arm. In the instance where she doesn't say fine, I'll try to put it back on and then she screams, "No! Mom! I do it. I do it" Then she'll pull it over. She is so funny. If she gets her arm out too much, she will start to hurt, and then she wants her wrap on right. She knows what makes it feel better. Since we are at the 2 week mark, the doctor said that we could just let her wear her sling. We'll see what we do. I am definitely going to wrap her up at night, but if she doesn't hurt I'll leave the wrap off of her during the day. 2 more weeks left to see if it's healing. Wish us luck.
I don't think I put this on the last post, but i wanted to get it on here so I could remember. The morning we were going to take her to the Doctor, she was laying in bed with us. She was having some pain, and kept complaining. I kept telling her that we were going to go to the doctor and he would make her feel better. She kept saying, "No, I no want to." "Joye, he'll make you feel better." "No, I no want to. I feel better. All better" And she'd pat her collar bone. She was so funny. I don't know why she didn't want to go to the doctor.

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

Glad see is felling better. Good Luck and we have Joye in our prayers.