12/09/2008

Joye the Goof

Joye is such a goof ball. She is very mobile, although she doesn't really crawl. She used to army crawl but she would only use her left arm. Now she has figured out that she can go faster if she uses both arms, but its not really an army crawl, it's more of a butterfly stroke in swimming. Joye has never sat on her own for very long. She can, but she would rather be standing or on her belly. Now she won't sit for anything. Every time you want to sit her down she straightens her legs and fights with everything she has not to sit. Even when she baths she won't sit in the tub, so I usually end up holding her up with one hand while she's standing and washing her with my other hand.

I was folding clothes the other day and Joye was crawling around on the floor, she had grabbed a piece of computer paper and was playing with it. She got really quiet so I looked down and she had crawled up right next to the couch and had fallen asleep on her piece of paper sucking her thumb. She's not even a thumb sucker so it was weird to see.


At night when Joye gets tired she gets slap happy and thinks that everything is funny. I can be rocking her and every back motion she'll laugh. Well the other night I was laying on the couch with her and Braden came up behind us she crawled up and tried to eat his face then he would just talk to her, and she would laugh. He picked her up to put her in bed and she would lean back and giggle, then she'd sit back up and lean back again. She did this for a few minutes. Then Braden lowered her toward me so I could give her a kiss goodnight and she giggled so I grabbed the camera and started recording.

No comments: