12/01/2008

Getting Ready

So last year our Christmas tree's top broke off, so we had to buy a new one this year. We bought it like 2-3 weeks ago and since we were going to be setting up all our Christmas stuff the day after Thanksgiving we left the box in our living room. The boys asked everyday if we could put up the Christmas tree. I was way excited too but Braden would have flipped if we put it up before Thanksgiving. Braden wasn't happy when I made him get up on the roof in the middle of November to put up our lights. ( I didn't want him up there in the snow, not like we have any now anyway) So on Friday we put up everything. We lined our front window in lights and put window clings up. Every time we put something new up the boys would run outside to look. They would jump up and down screaming and laughing.
Here's our tree

I love this picture, Braden and Jaxon are fixing the train tracks behind the tree.


This is my early Christmas present from Braden. I love Precious Moments and I saw this in the Hallmark store and had to have it.


Alek helped too much and played too hard with Thomas the Train, he fell asleep in front of the tree.

Since Joye is mobile I've been worried for my Christmas tree.
This is me when I was a baby I got the lights tangled around me then crawled away with the tree.
I am just waiting to post a picture of Joye just like this. The first thing Joye gets is the train tracks and the trains, then she finds a branch of the tree to bat at. But I think I have found a solution. If the trains are going she is mesmerized and just stares at them. So if we leave the trains on we'll be good. The boys will be happy that's for sure, but I don't know how sane Braden and I will be at the end of Christmas.

2 comments:

Courtney Beck said...

Hey Rindi I was going to get your pictures in the mail tomorrow but if you want I could have someone meet you Thursday. Would you rather do that? If not I would think you would get them at least by Friday.

jonisill said...

I'm sure Joye will get into her share of mischief! I love christmas! I'm glad that Avery's not old enough to cause any damage to the decorations (or herself) this year.