2/12/2009

Close Call

We're finishing our basement and Braden has been working hard. Last night I was downstairs talking to Braden and I told him to be careful not to cut his fingers off with his saw. I was sort of joking, but I guess I should have stressed it a little more. Braden was working today, at home by himself. The blade was dull on the saw and didn't cut the board completely, kicked the board back and hit his thumb and pushed it into the saw blade. It didn't cut his thumb off (thank goodness) and he was wearing gloves so it took some of the blow. But it did do some damage. It cut off the very tip (just skin) and took off most of his nail. It bled a ton, he got blood on the walls, all down the fridge, everywhere. Since Braden was home by himself, he had to doctor himself. He got the tweezers grabbed his nail, put the tweezers in his mouth to hold them steady, while he took some scissors in his other hand to cut off the broken part of his nail. He even took pictures of it by himself, so I could put them on the blog.

Before he cut the nail off.


After he cut his nail off. That's not a pool of blood that's his skin. If you have the stomach look close and you can see how textured it is, how bad the saw cut it up.


Our house would be pretty boring if we didn't have the accident prone to keep us on our toes. Its a good thing I have a hard stomach!

2 comments:

jonisill said...

Ouch!! I don't think i'll be looking at your blog again for a while. Not until i'm sure those pictures are gone! J/K That's awful!!Looks very painful. I would have passed out and bled to death. Ok, so maybe I wouldn't have bled to death but I would have passed out for sure. I hope he's ok. Post some pics of the basement so we can all see what you're doing with it.

Anonymous said...

SICK!!!!