2/20/2010

Joye's A Big Girl Now...Well Almost.

So I was in the bathroom, minding my own business, doing my business. When Joye comes busting in. She stands there and looks at me, and jabbers something. She then leaned over and picked up her potty seat, and kept saying potty. So I finished up, got up, put her seat on and sat her down. Well we have done this many times, she loves to sit on the potty (she usually gets a few books), but no matter how long she sits there nothing ever happens. So this time I was expecting the same, I turned around to take her diaper to the garbage, and I hear a TRICKLE! I spun around so fast, that she stopped. I said, "Joye did you just go potty?!?" "Uh Huh", she said with a head nod. So I asked, "Are you done?" "NO!" Then she finished going! When she was all finished she said, "All done." And grabbed her some toilet paper. I clapped and cheered for her, then ran and got Braden, who came and cheered for her. The boys heard and couldn't be left out, so they cheered. Braden went and got the camera and snapped a few shots.
Joye loves toilet paper, she's getting plenty to do the job.
So proud of herself, while she's getting her round of applause.
I hope this is wasn't just a one time thing. I hope that she will start telling us more when she needs to go, so we can get rid of those DIAPERS!

4 comments:

Mark & Sherin said...

LUCKY U.. Tay refuses to try. She wont even sit on it the last few days.

Leslie said...

YAY!!!! That is so exciting! She looks so big sitting on there. I love her smile!

jonisill said...

Yay for Joye!! We are NOWHERE near that step with Avery! Joye is so grown up!!!

Coby and KaeDawn said...

She is so cute and getting so big!!